Keysight Technologies Inc. PSG vector signal generator
Providing premium performance at an affordable price. Delivers superior level accuracy, low phase noise, and precision analog modulation for accurate characterization of RF and microwave components and devices. The PSG sets a new price performance mark by providing advanced capabilities; including ramp sweep for continuous sweep measurements and fully automated use with the KEYSIGHT 8757D scalar network analyzer.
The E8257N is a special version of the E8257D specially made for the Navy and available to other federal agencies through GSAMart. Please review the data sheet to ensure that the E8257N will fulfill your requirements.
Key Features & Specifications
- 100 kHz to 20, 31.8, or 44 GHz (.001 Hz resolution). Extendable to 75, 90, 110, 140, 220, 325 or 500 GHz - millimeter-wave source modules.
- +23 dBm from 0.4 to 20 GHz and +18 dBm @ 40 GHz output power (typical)
- External I/Q inputs provide 160 MHz (extendable to 2 GHz) RF modulation bandwidth
- Industry's best SSB phase noise with Option UNY: -143 dBc/Hz (typ) for a 1 GHz signal at 10 kHz offset
Modulation and sweep
- AM, FM, M, and pulse
- ASK, FSK, MSK, PSK, QAM, custom I/Q
- Step, list, and ramp sweep frequency and power
- Source control using PSA Series Option 215
Baseband generation and signal creation
- Internal baseband generator (80 MHz RF BW): arbitrary waveform and real-time I/Q
- Compatible with M8190A wideband arbitrary waveform generator
- Create reference signals: radar, multitone, NPR, custom modulation, WLAN, GPS/GNSS, MATLAB, and more - Signal Creation
- Multi-channel baseband generation, digital I/O, MIMO fading, and RF to RF fading with N5106A PXB Baseband Generator and Channel Emulator
Automation and communication interface
- 10BaseT LAN and GPIB
- SCPI and IVI-COM drivers
- Backwards compatible with all PSG signal generators
Master your most complex signal requirements with the metrology-grade vector PSG
- Test advanced receivers with realistic wideband radar, EW, and satcom waveforms up to 44 GHz
- Simulate complex electromagnetic environments with up to 2 GHz bandwidth
- Test phased-array systems and direction-finding receivers with multiple phase-coherent signals generated by linking up to 16 vector PSGs
- Create complex signals through Keysight Signal Studio support for the vector PSG such as radar, NPR, wireless connectivity, and more
- Exercise advanced EW, radar and satellite systems with Signal Studio, a vector PSG and a wideband AWG
Customize the PSG to meet your needs
Completely tailor the PSG for today's RF and microwave test application while easily upgrading in the future as requirements change. Choose from a variety of optional enhancements to configure the E8267D PSG for applications ranging from distortion test to baseband coding algorithm development and advanced digital microwave transceiver design verification.