National Instruments Corporation 782458-01 NI 9155 8-Slot MXI-Express RIO Chassis with LX85 FPGA
- 8-slot reconfigurable FPGA chassis that accepts C Series I/O modules
- Xilinx Virtex-5 LX85 reconfigurable I/O (RIO) FPGA core for ultimate processing power
- High-throughput, software-transparent, MXI-Express x1 interface based on PCI Express
- Daisy chain multiple chassis from NI CompactRIO and PXI controllers, industrial PCs, and laptops
- 0 to 55 C operating temperature range
- Configure Complete CompactRIO System
- View Data Sheet
The NI 9154 MXI-Express RIO chassis is a cabled reconfigurable I/O (RIO) target for high-performance applications. A high-bandwidth, cabled link based on a x1 PCI Express bus, the MXI-Express interface is transparent to software applications and drivers. You can connect the NI 9154 directly to the multicore CompactRIO or NI industrial controller. You can also use ExpressCard, PXI/PXI Express to MXI-Express adapters, or PCI Express to MXI-Express adapters to connect the NI 9154 to industrial PCs or PXI embedded controllers. You can daisy chain up to six MXI-Express RIO chassis in a single chain and connect up to eight chains to a single controller, making MXI-Express RIO an ideal choice for high-channel-count applications.
The NI 9154 includes a user-programmable Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA core, giving you high processing power and capacity and the ability to design custom hardware using LabVIEW FPGA Module software. The FPGA software provides low-level hardware access to the hot-swappable C Series I/O modules, so you can create unprecedented timing, triggering, control, and synchronization schemes for industrial, hardware-in-the-loop, and real-time test applications.