National Instruments Corporation NI PXIe-4139 System SMU with SourceAdapt Technology
- Up to 20 W DC source, up to 60 V or 3 A
- Extended range pulsing up to 10 A with 500 W pulse power
- 100 fA or 100 nV resolution
- 1.8 MS/s sampling rate and 100 kS/s update rate
- NI SourceAdapt technology for fast and stable measurements
- Up to 17 SMU channels in a 4U, 19 in. PXI chassis
- Configure Complete PXI System
- View Data Sheet View Support Resources
The new NI PXIe-4138 system source measure unit (SMU) delivers high power, precision, and speed in a single-slot PXI Express module. The combination of power, precision, and speed make this SMU suitable for a broad range of applications including manufacturing test or lab characterization with devices ranging from ICs (including PMICs and RFICs) and discrete devices (including LEDs and optical transceivers) to board-level test. For high-channel-count applications, you can achieve up to 17 SMU channels in a single 4U PXI chassis.
The NI PXIe-4138 features 4-quadrant operation and sources up to 20 W of DC power with voltage and current boundaries at 60 V and 3 A. With the unique ADC technology of this module, you can perform high-precision measurements with a current resolution of 1 pA or high-speed acquisitions at speeds up to 1.8 MS/s. The NI PXIe-4138 is a hardware-timed instrument with a high-speed sequencing engine to synchronize acquisitions between multiple SMUs. The module supports direct DMA streaming between the host PC and SMU, so you can stream large waveforms and measurement data at the full update rate and sample rate of the instrument.
For a higher precision SMU with pulsing up to 500 W and NI SourceAdapt technology, see the NI PXIe-4139.