National Instruments Corporation NI 9154 8-Slot MXI-Express RIO Chassis with LX50 FPGA
- 8-slot reconfigurable FPGA chassis that accepts C Series I/O modules
- Xilinx Virtex-5 LX50 reconfigurable I/O (RIO) FPGA core for ultimate processing power
- High-throughput, software-transparent, MXI-Express x1 interface based on PCI Express
- Daisy chain multiple chassis from NI CompactRIO and PXI controllers, industrial PCs, and laptops
- 0 to 55 C operating temperature range
- Configure Complete CompactRIO or NI CompactDAQ System
- View Data Sheet View Support Resources
The NI 9146 is a rugged, 4-slot expansion chassis that you can use to easily add C Series I/O to any standard 10/100 Ethernet network. You can add this Ethernet reconfigurable I/O (RIO) chassis to an NI LabVIEW for Windows application or use it as remote expansion I/O on LabVIEW Real-Time systems such as NI CompactRIO or PXI. Just connect it over Ethernet and instantly obtain access to C Series I/O in your LabVIEW host program.
The NI 9146 does not require the LabVIEW Real-Time Module for access to C Series I/O in Windows-based systems.
For low-level access to I/O timing, triggering, and onboard processing, you can use the LabVIEW FPGA Module to program the Spartan-6 LX45 field-programmable gate array (FPGA) without having any prior experience in FPGA digital design. This FPGA provides reliable high-speed I/O, highly customizable timing, and advanced processing algorithms for your high-speed control applications. If you want to access your I/O only through the NI RIO Scan Interface, you do not need to use the LabVIEW FPGA Module.
The NI 9146 offers diagnostic and autoconfiguration features to simplify installation, use, and maintenance. For increased reliability, the chassis also has a network fail-safe that verifies network connectivity and communication with the remote host system and drives I/O to safe states should connectivity be interrupted. The NI 9146 features low-power consumption, quick startup times, a wide temperature range (-40 to 70 C), and rugged industrial specs (50 g shock, 5 g vibration).