National Instruments Corporation NI 9148 CC, cRIO Expansion Chassis, Conformal Coat
- Not recommended for new designs. Consider the NI 9149 Ethernet RIO expansion chassis instead.
- 8-slot Ethernet expansion chassis for NI C Series modules
- Directly access C Series I/O from your Windows PC or LabVIEW Real-Time controller
- Integrated 2M gate FPGA for custom timing, onboard processing, and control
- Network fail-safe for increased reliability
- Industrial ratings: -40 C to 70 C operating temperature, 50 g shock, 5 g vibration
- Configure Complete CompactRIO System
- View Data Sheet View Support Resources
The NI 9148 is a rugged, 8-slot expansion chassis that you can use to easily add C Series I/O to any standard 10/100 Ethernet network. You can add this Ethernet reconfigurable I/O (RIO) chassis to a LabVIEW for Windows application or use it as remote expansion I/O on LabVIEW Real-Time systems such as CompactRIO or NI PXI. Just connect it over Ethernet and instantly obtain access to C Series I/O in your LabVIEW host program.
The NI 9148 does not require the LabVIEW Real-Time Module for access to C Series I/O in Windows-based systems.
For low-level access to I/O timing, triggering, and onboard processing, you can use the LabVIEW FPGA Module to program the 2M gate Spartan-3 FPGA without having any prior experience in FPGA digital design. This FPGA provides reliable high-speed I/O, highly customizable timing, and advanced processing algorithms for your high-speed control applications.
The NI 9148 offers diagnostic and autoconfiguration features to simplify installation, use, and maintenance. For increased reliability, the chassis also has a network fail-safe that verifies network connectivity and communication with the remote host system and drives I/O to safe states should connectivity be interrupted. The NI 9148 features low-power consumption, quick startup times, a wide temperature range (-40 C to 70 C), and rugged industrial specs (50 g shock, 5 g vibration).