National Instruments Corporation NI PXI-6120 S Series Multifunction DAQ Device
- National Instruments recommends the NI PXIe-6124 for new applications.
- 4 simultaneously sampled analog inputs, 1 MS/s per channel with warp mode enabled (see Overview)
- Deep onboard memory (64 MS), extended input ranges up to 42 V, and onboard antialiasing filters
- Two 16-bit analog outputs, 4 MS/s single channel, 2.5 MS/s dual channel
- 8 digital I/O lines, two 24-bit counters, analog and digital triggering
- NI-DAQmx driver software and LabVIEW SignalExpress interactive data-logging software
- Configure Complete PXI System
- Data Sheet | Specifications View Support Resources
National Instruments recommends the NI PXIe-6124 for new applications. See the Resources tab for more information.
The NI PXI-6120 features a dedicated analog-to-digital converter (ADC) per channel for maximum device throughput and higher multichannel accuracy. This module is accurate for both DC and dynamic signals with as much as 95 dB of spurious-free dynamic range and as little as 39 V of noise. Each input channel has a 100 kHz antialiasing filter to improve frequency-domain analysis, and can be disabled from software for transient and pulse measurements. The 64 MS of onboard memory delivers reliable data streaming with half of the memory dedicated to analog input and the other half dedicated to analog output. With 1 MS/s per-channel sampling rates, eight input ranges from 0.2 to 42 V, two 16-bit analog outputs, two 24-bit counter/timers, and eight general-purpose digital I/O lines, the PXI-6120 can be used in a variety of applications.
Some examples include the following:
- 42 V automotive applications
- Transient and ballistics measurements
- Radar, sonar, ultrasound
- High-energy physics
- IF digitization
Enable Warp Mode to Achieve Maximum Sampling Rates
PXI-6120 analog inputs sample up to 800 kS/s using the onboard sample clock or up to 1 MS/s using one of the onboard counters or an external reference as the sample clock. Download the NI LabVIEW example from the Resources tab to enable warp mode and achieve maximum sampling rates.
The NI TB-2708 provides direct SMB connectivity to the PXI-6120. The nine SMB connectors offer direct access to four analog inputs, two analog outputs, analog or digital trigger lines, onboard counters, or programmable synchronization lines. In addition to the SMB connectors, you can use the MFIT-Pigtail cable to connect to an auxiliary connector for access to other onboard counters and digital I/O lines.
For related products and the warp mode example program, see the Resources tab.