Keysight Technologies Inc. PSG RF Analog Signal Generator
Providing premium performance at an affordable price. Delivers superior level accuracy, low phase noise, and precision analog modulation for accurate characterization of RF and microwave components and devices. The PSG sets a new price performance mark by providing advanced capabilities; including ramp sweep for continuous sweep measurements and fully automated use with the KEYSIGHT 8757D scalar network analyzer.
The E8257N is a special version of the E8257D specially made for the Navy and available to other federal agencies through GSAMart. Please review the data sheet to ensure that the E8257N will fulfill your requirements.
Key Features & Specifications
- 100 kHz to 3.2 or 9 GHz with .001 Hz resolution
- -135 to +24 dBm typical output power with Option 1EU
- Industrys best SSB phase noise with Option UNY: -143 dBc/Hz (typ) for a 1 GHz signal at 10 kHz offset
- AM, FM, M, and pulse (may be simultaneously enabled)
- Typical 6 ns rise/fall times and 20 ns pulse width
- Dual internal function generators: sine, square, triangular, ramp, and noise
Automation and communication interface
- 10BaseT LAN and GPIB
- SCPI and IVI-COM drivers
- Backwards compatible with the 8662A, 8663A and E8663B signal generators
- Compatible with the E5500 and 3048A phase noise test systems
Industrys Best Close-To-Carrier Phase Noise Performance
- Lowest phase noise available in a commercially-available signal generator
- Optional analog modulation (AM, FM, M, and pulse) capability
- Superior level accuracy
- High output power
- Metrology-grade performance ideal for demanding applications such as radar system development, satellite communications evaluation, or when a very low noise local oscillator or reference signal is needed
Built on the outstanding legacy of the 8663A, the E8663D delivers improved performance and is fully code compatable with its predecessor for seamless upgrades to existing test systems. Enhanced narrow pulse modulation and extended support life are optionally available.