Keysight Technologies Inc. 0-110dB programmable step ATTENUATOR, 0-18GHz
The Keysight 8496H dc to 18 GHz programmable step attenuator offers exceptional repeatability and reliability. Attenuation is provided in 10 dB steps from 0 to 110 dB. Precision gold-plated leaf springs ensure long life (over 5 million cycles) and very high attenuator repeatability (typically 0.01 dB). To improve measurement accuracy, NIST traceable data (SWR and attenuation) is available as Option UK6. A maximum switching time of 20 ms (including contact settling) speeds automatic testing. Custom step attenuator/switch combinations are possible. The Keysight 11716A/B/C interconnect kits provide quick connection of Keysight 8494/5/6/7 1 dB and 10 dB step attenuators in series for greater dynamic range with 1 dB steps.
Note: Option 024 and 060 are default options unless specified otherwise.
Superior RF Performance
- Frequency range: dc to 18 GHz
- Insertion loss at 0 dB: 0.6 dB + 0.09 dB/GHz
- Maximum SWR: 1.5 to 8 GHz, 1.6 to 12.4 GHz, 1.9 to 18 GHz
Repeatability and Life Span
- Repeatability life: 0.03 dB max 5 million cycles per section, typical
- 5 million cycles per section
- Maximum RF input power: 1 W (average), 100 W (peak)
- Connector type: choice of type-N female, SMA female, APC-7
- Programming connector: 12-pin Viking, optional 14-pin DIP