Keysight's N8242A arbitrary waveform generator synthetic instrument module combines the unprecedented performance of Keysights AWGs with the unsurpassed flexibility of scalable modules. High sampling rates of either 1.25 GS/s or 625 MS/s, and 10-bit resolution enable designers to create ideal waveforms for accurate test of radar, satellite, digital radio, and frequency agile systems. Each channel provides either 500 MHz of modulation bandwidth (for the 1.25 GS/s sampling rate), or 250 MHz of modulation bandwidth (for the 625 MHz sampling rate). With over 65 dBc of spurious free dynamic range, very high-fidelity complex modulation signals can be generated. When the N8242A is combined with a wideband I/Q upconverter, modulation bandwidth of 1 GHz (for the 1.25 GS/s sampling rate) or 500 MHz (for the 625 MHz sampling rate) can be realized at microwave frequencies for authentic signal simulations for IF and RF subsystem test.
Typical applications using these products include RADAR, military communication T&M;, satellite T&M;, aerospace defense T&M; and commercial T&M; applications.
The N8242A 10-bit arbitrary waveform generator SI module data sheet is currently under construction. For current specifications:
N8242A Option 125 1.25 Giga-samples per second sample rate specifications, see the N6031A technical overview
N8242A Option 062 625 Mega-samples per second sample rate specifications, see the N6033A technical overview
- Option 125 simultaneously delivers 1.25 GS/s and 10 bits of vertical resolution, and 500 MHz of instantaneous analog bandwidth per channel
- Option 062 simultaneously delivers 625 MS/s and 10 bits of vertical resolution, and 250 MHz of instantaneous analog bandwidth per channel
- Option 300, dynamic sequencing, is a hardware interface which allows the user to dynamically point to pre-defined carrier signals created with the direct digital synthesis engine.
- Option 330, direct digital synthesis, provides efficient compression of narrowband modulation on a carrier.
- Dual channel, single ended and differential outputs with 500 or 250 MHz of instantaneous analog bandwidth per channel
- Multiple module synchronization to simulate multi-emitter and multi-path scenarios
- Complex waveforms can be created via advanced sequencing engine
- Up to 16 MS waveform memory (Option 016)
- Up to 125 k definable waveform segments
- Up to 16 k unique definable sequences
- Remote programming interface: LAN over 100Base-T LAN
- IEEE 1588 time-based triggering
- LXI hardware trigger bus
- Full environmental specifications
- LXI class-A compliance pending
Create complex scenarios using our latest technologies in signal generation