Keysight's N8241A arbitrary waveform generator (AWG) is a synthetic instrument (SI) module that combines unprecedented performance with unsurpassed flexibility. Its combination of high resolution and high sampling rates enables designers to create ideal waveforms for accurate testing of radar, satellite, digital radio, and frequency-agile systems. Each channel provides modulation bandwidth of either 500 MHz at 1.25 GS/s or 250 MHz at 625 MS/s. With over 65 dBc of spurious-free dynamic range, complex signals with very high fidelity can be generated. When the N8241A is combined with a wideband I/Q upconverter, modulation bandwidth of 1 GHz (at 1.25 GS/s) or 500 MHz (at 625 MS/s) can be achieved at microwave frequencies, enabling realistic signal simulations for testing of IF and RF subsystems.
Get a complete overview of models and form factors
Typical applications include test and measurement of devices, subsystems and systems in radar, EW, UWB, wireless communications, aerospace/defense and commercial applications.
Discover how to create realistic signals for radar testing
- LXI compliant
- Option 125: Simultaneously delivers 1.25 GS/s and 15 bits of vertical resolution, and 500 MHz of instantaneous analog bandwidth per channel
- Option 062: Simultaneously delivers 625 MS/s and 15 bits of vertical resolution, and 250 MHz of instantaneous analog bandwidth per channel
- Option 300: Dynamic sequencing is a hardware interface that allows the user to dynamically point to predefined carrier signals created with the direct digital synthesis engine.
- Option 330: Direct digital synthesis, provides efficient compression of narrowband modulation on a carrier.
- Option 350: Function generator provides an easy-to-use, user-friendly graphical interface that simplifies creation of simple, complex and modulated waveforms. With the 15-bit resolution and excellent signal quality of the M9330A and N8241A AWGs, this new option provides the most accurate and stable waveforms down to 1 Hz resolution. Learn more about Option 350.
- Dual channel, single ended and differential outputs with 500 or 250 MHz of instantaneous analog bandwidth per channel
- Multiple module synchronization to simulate multi-emitter and multi-path scenarios
- Up to 16 MS waveform memory (Option 016)
- Up to 125 k definable waveform segments
- Up to 16 k unique definable sequences
- Remote programming interface: LAN IEEE 1588 over 100Base-T LAN
- IEEE 1588 time-based triggering
- LXI hardware trigger bus
- Full environmental specifications
Create complex scenarios using our latest technologies in signal generation