Logical Operations 085187SPKP Logical Select CompTIA Storage+ Powered by SNIA (Exam SG0-001) Print/Electronic Training Bundle
CompTIA® Storage+® Powered by SNIA® (Exam SG0-001)
Course number: 085187
Course length: 5.0 day(s)
Course Objective: You will gain knowledge of storage concepts, components, and the ability to work on a storage networking environment.
Target Student: This course is targeted at network or system administrators whose responsibilities include working with and supporting various storage technologies; storage professionals who have a minimum of 12 months hands-on technical storage experience; or IT Managers who need a thorough understanding of current storage technologies.
Prerequisites: Students taking this course should have basic computer skills with knowledge in any operating system and familiarity with network components. In addition, we recommend that they hold the CompTIA® A+®, CompTIA® Network+®, or CompTIA® Server+® certification or have equivalent skills and knowledge. Students can take the following Element K courses:
- CompTIA® A+® Certification: A Comprehensive Approach for All 2009 Exam Objectives (Windows® 7)
- CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-005)
- CompTIA® Server+® Certification (2009 Objectives)
For this course, you will need one instructor computer. Student computers are optional and are only needed to run the course assessments from the interactive CD-ROM. The instructor computer will need the following minimum hardware configuration:
- PC with Intel® Pentium® IV 1 GHz processor or higher
- 1 GB of RAM or higher
- DVD-ROM drive
- Generic monitor (1024 x 768)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Display system to project the instructor’s computer screen
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Windows® 7.
- Microsoft® Office 2003 or later on the instructor's computer (only Microsoft® Office PowerPoint is required for this course).
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- examine the fundamentals of storage and network technologies.
- describe physical networking hardware.
- examine disk technologies.
- identify removable media technologies.
- describe modular storage arrays and disk enclosures.
- examine storage network connectors and cabling.
- describe storage architectures.
- describe Ethernet network technologies.
- describe an FC SAN.
- describe storage management.
- describe storage network implementation.
- identify storage virtualization concepts, technologies, and techniques.
- examine storage network management.
- evaluate storage performance.
- describe storage network security.